Join the Springwood Healthcare Services team!
We are actively recruiting care workers to join the Springwood Healthcare Services team. With ongoing training, career development opportunities, staff support and competitive employee benefits, Springwood Healthcare could help you to launch a rewarding career in the care industry.
Senior Carer (Skilled Worker Visa)
30 September 2021 Support Worker – Domiciliary Care
The role is to provide care and support in the community for the elderly and vulnerable people diagnosed with learning difficulties and/or mental health challenges.
Full training, induction, and support will be provided prior to commencing work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the service meets and surpasses CQC standards and the LA contract specification.
- Take full responsibility in liaison with the service manager, in relation to all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the service, ensuring that service users receive a safe, caring, stimulating, and homely environments to meet their social and health needs.
- Ensure the safeguarding of service users in our care.
- Provide hands-on, day-to-day support of the service users, ensuring that a high standard of service is provided and always maintained.
- Assist care users who need help with dressing, undressing, bathing, and toileting
- Assist care users with mobility problems and other physical disabilities such as incontinence; help in the use and care of aids and personal equipment
- Be responsible for ordering, receipt, disposal, and accurate administering of medication and the maintenance of records
- Ensure resources are managed effectively.
- Supervise junior staff where necessary
- Carry out any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the Supervisor.
- Help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of care users through talking to them, taking them out, and sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies, and recreations.
- Make and change beds; tidy rooms and do light cleaning
- Prepare light meals, serve meals; assist care users at mealtimes if required; wash up utensils
- Read and write reports in case notes
- Act as a Senior Keyworker, assisting with the formulation of care plans in accordance with the care users’ needs and wishes
- Liaise with healthcare professionals and multi-disciplinary teams if a care user requires assistance.
- Take part in staff meetings and in training activities as directed
- Take responsibility for their own professional development by undertaking ongoing mandatory training and e-learning courses
- Abide by the Code of Conduct for Social Care Workers
- Uphold the rights, choices, dignity and the equality, and diversity of each resident with a person-centred approach.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a minimum of A level (or equivalent) qualifications.
- Have previous experience or qualifications in the health or social care sector
- Be of a caring and compassionate nature.
- Hold a current driver’s licence that is valid for use in the UK.
- Be proficient in English, with good communication skills both i.e., written and verbal.
- Ideally, hold an NVQ level 3 or equivalent vocational Qualifications in a health / social care related subject.
- Be willing to undertake relevant ongoing training to achieve competencies.
- Have good time management skills.
- Be able to multitask
- Have good problem-solving skills
Springwood Healthcare Services will provide successful candidates with a sponsorship certificate to apply for the Skilled Worker Visa, which will entitle them to a 3-year Skilled Work Visa in the UK.
If you meet the above criteria, please contact us for more information:
- Job Title: Senior Carer
- Salary Offers: £20 480
- Experience Levels: Junior
- Working Hours: Full- time